Inspired Community Support Services is currently accepting applications for:
Support Workers - DSW, SSW, CYW
Peel, Halton, Toronto
Job Posting Date
Description of Organization
Inspired Community Support Services provides a number of different supports for people who have a disability, including residential, respite, supported independent living and day programs.
Description of Position
The Support Worker provides direct support to individuals who have a disability to ensure their quality of life is meaningfully improved in the community. Staff are responsible for individualized support of one or more individuals. Support may include assistance with daily activities (including personal hygiene and meal preparation) and community involvement.
Part-Time and Full-time opportunities are available and shifts include, Monday through Sunday, days, evenings, or weekends.
Description of Duties
- Promote community inclusion, independence and self-advocacy for the individuals supported.
- Provide direct and indirect support to individuals as required by personal support plans.
- Support individuals to identify, work towards and achieve their goals/personal outcomes.
- Encourage self-expression of individuals supported and remains knowledgeable of verbal and nonverbal communications, including alternative communication systems and techniques.
- Utilize problem-solving skills to work collaboratively within a team and with families.
- Complete all required documentation accurately and within set time frames.
- Apply techniques and understand concepts related to non-violent crisis intervention (CPI).
- Possess or actively pursuing Developmental Services Worker diploma or Social Services Worker diploma, Child and Youth Care diploma, or a university degree in a related discipline; and experience working or volunteering with people who have a disability.
- Must have a Valid Ontario Driver’s License (Class G or G2), access to a reliable vehicle and car insurance.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Proficient with PC computer environment; MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Valid First Aid with CPR certificate
We provide competitive compensation, training programs and opportunities for career development.
email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.